Popular Posts

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Blast From The Past

Every once in a while you encounter something from your past, and I just so happen to come across this. Its more than just a little personal, but none the less, I choose to share it. Its a poem I wrote to my ex in front with a picture in the background of the two of us. I read it now and laugh a lil... Obviously at the time when I wrote the poem I was "heartbroken" but needless to say, years later Im Ok. Time does heal wounds, but memories last forever.


A Picture
Evidence of what use to be
with you and me
and me and you
a time when it felt like dreams came true
Dreams...
all thats been left behind
along with memories when you were mine
and I was yours
to have and to hold
forever in time until we grew old
Time...
the only thing I cant reverse
back to the moments when u put me first
now these feelings feel like a curse
feeling that can be described in words
I love you
I need you
I live you
I breath you
You...
the noun that crushed my soul
the only reason why Im not whole
the only reason why Im not me
im not me because you cant see
See...
and though you cant Im ok
I go through this struggle day to day
but day to day I moved on
with the strength of a bull to make me strong
to pick up the pencil and a single sheet
and try to sketch what you cant see
to draw the foundation of my dream
then paint the portrait of you and me
A picture
the evidence of what could be

-Kamille Leai















5 comments: